Photofixation system of parking violations
At the end of 2012 paid parking was introduced in Moscow. To control payment, special cars – «Parkons» are used.
In 2014, pedestrian controllers appeared that used mobile devices to fix violations.
On request of the SPI " AMPS - Moscow parking" we developed software for pedestrian controllers. Its operation algorithm is as follows:
- The controller points the smartphone camera to a parked car;
- The smartphone records a license plate on camera, defines and detects it;
- Information about the violation is sent to the server, i.e. current time, car photo, license plate, address and number of a parking lot (determined by GLONASS);
- The server determines whether the parking space is paid or not. If not, the controller will receive a corresponding message, and he will have to make an additional photo, which is also sent to the server.
- The smartphone software goes back to the licence plate search mode.
The mobile application is implemented on the Android platform, the server – - on Windows.
The principle of mobile app operation is shown in the form of screenshots.
Right after the start, the program operates in the licence plate search mode:
As soon as a car and its license plate have appeared on camera, the photo is taken and the number is determined:
A request is made to the server, the payment for parking space is checked. In case of non-payment, the controller should make an additional photo:
Photos are sent to the server, then the device automatically goes back to the beginning of the cycle, i.e. to the license plate search mode.
If there is no Internet connection, the data is stored in the local database and sent to the server when a stable connection appears.
The mobile application operates in fully automatic mode, the controller should only point the camera at the car.
The server has an interface for viewing the sent photos:
For all violations, the server makes « splice» of photographs, checks the payment, and in case of non-payment, it sends information to the center of the automatic violation fixation.
It is possible to see the route traveled by controllers:
Statistical data on the number of fixations on different days is also available: